Last Updated: March 16, 2022
- Data that gets collected by the Corporate Websites and/or Promoted Websites.
Instoll, LLC collects the following data:
- Instoll, LLC collects anonymous site usage statistics to understand how many unique visitors use the Corporate Websites and/or Promoted Websites, what pages/posts/content is most useful, and to defend against automated attacks, spamming, etc.
- Additionally, when Surfers leave comments on the site, Instoll, LLC collects the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent.
- Additionally, Instoll, LLC may offer a free or paid membership on one more of the Corporate Websites and/or Promoted Websites, and those sites will gather and track user login information, personal profile data, contact information, billing information and other data used to configure or deliver the services which a Surfer or Customer might be provided.
- Additionally, when Surfers shop or Customers make a purchase, Instoll LLC will gather and track information about the contents of the cart, order status, shopping history, coupon codes/promotions, and other data used to help the Consuming Parties complete their transaction, track fulfillment, obtain support and have historical access to their transactions (e.g. purchases, support).
- Additionally, if Surfers become Authors, Instoll, LLC will gather and track the content configured and posted by the Author and any additional information needed to manage the Author’s permissions and enable publishing/managing content.
- Additionally, Instoll, LLC utilizes products and services for affiliate marketing, such as Amazon Affiliate, ClickBank, ImpactRadius, CommissionJunction and other marketing and targeting services. These services should not gather any personal information, they should only add tracking information to a Surfer’s browsing such that Instoll, LLC can receive credit for any referrals. These services might also provide Instoll, LLC with data they have gathered about Surfers through means beyond Instoll, LLC’s control.
- Additionally, if any Author/Surfer uploads images to the website, if the image contains “embedded location data” (“EXIF GPS”), that data will be collected. Other Surfers/Authors can download and extract this data, therefore Instoll, LLC encourages Surfers/Authors to remove this data from their images before sharing them.
- Embedded Content
Instoll, LLC gathers metrics regarding page visits, affiliate link conversions and other non-personal metrics.
- Data Retention
There is no set retention period for data Instoll, LLC collects. Instoll, LLC may delete this data at any time as it deems necessary from time to time. In general, data is retained long enough to provide the capabilities, goods or services which rely on the data collected. Data may also be retained to provide The Collective Parties with a proper user experience, and/or provide relevant historical records (e.g. previous purchases, previous statements, previous payments, previous returns, previous customer service communications, etc).
- Data Sharing
Instoll, LLC only shares the data it collects when sharing is required to fulfill a specific service. For example, Instoll, LLC might send comments through a third party spam detection system. Where this is the case, Instoll, LLC does not sell that information to the third-party and it is not to be retained and used for any other purpose than to fulfill the immediate services requested.
- As a general rule, Instoll, LLC protects The Collective Party’s data and only shares the minimum amount of data necessary to fulfill a specific, requested purpose. Data collected directly by Instoll, LLC is never sold or traded.
- Contact Information
- Data Protection
Data is protected in transit by use of forced SSL encryption. Data collected by Instoll, LLC is not encrypted at rest by default, but sensitive data such as passwords and credit card numbers are either encrypted at rest or are stored by a third-party service provider upholding industry security standards.
- No Individual Profiling
Instoll, LLC does not engage in individual profiling. Data collected is used, at most, to aggregate and show popularity and trends, but never to track a specific individual’s habits. Conversely, Instoll, LLC cannot offer personalized experiences, cannot suggest products at a personal level, and we definitely cannot predict what you will type next. Sounds good? Good. <thumbs up emoticon>
- Data Rights
- In general, Instoll, LLC operates firmly on the premise that each Surfer’s personal data belongs to them; however, published data, once shared to the internet and possibly promoted through third part systems or crawled and indexed by search engine bots, likely will exist beyond the Corporate Websites and/or Promoted Websites. Therefore, this data will exist beyond the control of Instoll, LLC. Also, some data must be retained for legal reasons. For example, Instoll must keep accurate accounting records, and therefore cannot purge a Customer’s purchase history.
- As such, Instoll, LLC will, at any Surfer’s request, delete any personal data that exists within the Corporate Websites and/or Promoted Websites with the exception of data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal and security purposes.
- Any Surfer may also request a copy of their personal data as maintained by Instoll, LLC, including data the Surfer has provided to Instoll, LLC by contacting Instoll, LLC via the email address provided.